AAM works to ensure more generic and biosimilar medicines are more accessible to more people who need them.
The Association for Accessible Medicines improves access to safe, quality and effective medicine. Better access to medicine is relevant to everybody because, after all, we’re all patients at some point.
Health is the foundation for everything in life. Healthy people are better able to reach their full potential. Generics and biosimilars help more people in more places live healthier and longer.
- Driving down the costs of existing drugs and developing new ones means people can afford the medicines they need.
- Increasing competition means payers and patients have a choice in the marketplace.
- Working to get safe, effective, and more-affordable medicines out of the lab and into the hands of the people who need them is a goal that touches not just individuals and families, but the overall economy, and the entire nation.
As manufacturers of 9 out of every 10 prescriptions dispensed in the U.S., members of the Association for Accessible Medicines form an integral, and powerful, part of the health care system.
- View the AAM Code of Business Ethics
- View the AAM Commitment to Quality Excellence
- View the AAM Social Media Toolkit
- View the AAM Opioid Policy Statement
Learn more in our 2021 Voices of Access
Learn more in our 2022 U.S. Generic and Biosimilar Medicines Savings Report
About the Biosimilars Council
The Biosimilars Council, a division of the Association for Accessible Medicines (AAM), works to ensure a positive environment for patient access to biosimilar medicines. The Biosimilars Council is a leading source for information about the safety and efficacy of more affordable alternatives to costly brand biologic medicines. Areas of focus include public and health expert education, strategic partnerships, government affairs, legal affairs and regulatory policy. More information is available at www.biosimilarscouncil.org.
Learn how your generic and biosimilar industry is committed to your health.