Members of the Association for Accessible Medicines form an integral and powerful part of the health care system. When companies join AAM, they commit to honoring a code of business ethics. In addition, many of them run robust corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs, benefiting their immediate communities and patients around the world. Here is a rundown of some of these efforts.
- 3M Health Care Business publishes an annual Sustainability Report, which details progress toward its energy, water and climate goals. In addition, it makes charitable gifts through 3Mgives, supporting educational, community and environmental nonprofits. Furthermore, the company supports a Skills-Based Service Program: “[a] global pro bono program that empowers 3Mers to do what they do best—make an impact.”
- Accord Healthcare Inc. donates medicines to U.S.-based nonprofit medical and humanitarian organizations.
- American Regent makes Continuing Education Grants.
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s Philanthropy efforts support KaBOOM! (building new playgrounds in New York and New Jersey), Race for the Cure (fighting breast cancer), Relay for Life (an overnight community fundraising walk for the American Cancer Society), Habitat for Humanity (building homes for low-income families), and Parkinson’s awareness events. In addition, the company makes Product Donations.
- Apotex Corporation “continually heeds the call for help when humanitarian crises occur.” Learn more on its Corporate Responsibility page.
- Aurobindo Pharma US fulfills its Social Responsibility through philanthropic contributions to Dispensary of Hope (an AAM Associate Member); Spectrum360, which serves children and adults from more than 88 communities throughout Northern and Central New Jersey; humanitarian organization CitiHope and Brother’s Brother Foundation, which helps patients in Haiti and other countries.
- Bausch Health issues a Corporate Social Responsibility Report, which spells out its CSR priorities:
- Operate with integrity and honesty
- Protect the environment
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace
- Make our communities better places to live and work
- Ensure affordable access to our products
- Meanwhile, The Bausch Foundation supports initiatives aimed at disease prevention, improving patient outcomes and lives, disaster recovery efforts and education related to Bausch’s business.
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Inc. maintains a Commitment to the Planet, stating, “While patient-centricity drives us at Dr. Reddy’s, we are also acutely aware of our responsibilities to the environment. Sustainability means fostering an organization that promotes access to affordable medicines in economically, socially and environmentally sustainable ways.”
- Fresenius Kabi, USA LLC’s Community Engagement emphasizes “supporting our communities as well as scientific, clinical and educational institutions and programs intended to improve human health and well-being.” (Read about the company’s partnership with the ASHP Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the professional association for pharmacists who serve as patient care providers in acute and ambulatory settings.)
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Inc., USA describes its Corporate Social Responsibility pledge with these words: “We are dedicated to our community and live by the value of cultivating a lifelong commitment to our neighbors.”
Read part 2 of this blog: A Positive Impact: How Our Members Show They Care