NAFTA 2.0 (USMCA) will keep drug prices out of reach for American patients.
Patients in the U.S. are already confronted by the world’s longest climb to affordable biosimilar medicines. NAFTA 2.0 (USMCA) will eliminate easier routes and keeps drug prices out of reach for American patients.
The U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), the update to the North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), contains provisions that will:
- Increase the cost of medicines in the United States;
- Extend monopolies for the most expensive drugs in the market; and
- Disincentivize the development of less expensive generic and biologic drugs that are the key to driving down drug costs.
- Read more about this infographic on our blog: Trade Agreement: 3 Obstacles to More Affordable Medicines in the U.S.
- Learn more about the campaign to Fix USMCA
- Share this page to raise awareness about this issue
- Send a message to Congress now