AAM’s core mission is to improve patients’ lives by advancing timely access to affordable, FDA-approved generic and biosimilar medicines. AAM is the nation’s leading trade association for manufacturers and distributors of generic and biosimilar prescription medicines. Our members provide more than 36,000 jobs at nearly 150 facilities, and manufacture more than 61 billion doses of prescription medicine in the US annually.
- Generic medicines drive savings, not costs
- Savings are the result of a highly competitive market for generic drugs
- Other stakeholders affect price increases: when a price increase is not a price increase
- High brand drug prices overwhelm falling generic drug prices
- Focusing on percentage increases in price ignores actual cost impacts on the health care system
- Policymakers should focus on drugs whose price changes affect overall state spending